Virtual networking refers to the ability of switches and routers to
configure logical topologies on top of the physical network
infrastructure, allowing any arbitrary collection of LAN segments
within a network to be combined into an autonomous user group,
appearing as a single LAN.
This package implement support (along with the kernel patch) :
* Implements 802.1Q VLAN spec.
* Can support up to 4094 VLANs per ethernet interface.
* Scales well in critical paths: O(n), where n is the number of
PHYSICAL ethernet interfaces, and that is only on ingress. O(1) in
every other critical path, as far as I know.
* Supports MULTICAST
* Can change MAC address of VLAN.
* Multiple naming conventions supported, and adjustable at runtime.
* Optional header-reordering, to make the VLAN interface look JUST
LIKE an Ethernet interface. This fixes some problems with DHCPd
and anything else that uses a SOCK_PACKET socket. Default setting
is off, which works for every other protocol I know about, and is