Tinycdb is a small, fast and reliable utility set and subroutine
library for creating and reading constant databases. The database
structure is tuned for fast reading:
- Successful lookups take normally just two disk accesses.
- Unsuccessful lookups take only one disk access.
- Small disk space and memory size requirements; a database
uses 2048 bytes for the header and 24 bytes plus size of
(key,value) per record.
- Maximum database size is 4GB; individual record size is not
- Portable file format.
- Fast creation of new databases.
- No locking, updates are atomical.